Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Cool Michael Golden pin-up

Found this pin-up at http://ferrandelgado.blogspot.com/2012/02/original-de-un-pinup-inedito-de-los-x.html. (Hey Ferran, look I'm actually referencing my source!)


Looks to be inspired by Golden's Uncanny X-Men Annual #7 if we assume that the "Galactus" in the background is actually the Impossible Man. However, the costumes look awfully strange and don't recognized them from any X-Men era. Cyclops is absent and Rogue in this pin-up looks a little more like Rachel Summers? Perhaps a commission?

Here's the original cover for Uncanny X-Men Annual #7 drawn by John Romita Jr, but it really doesn't shed any light on this piece though...


3 comments:

  1. Great! I just hope that you include sources in a regular basis from now on. I enjoy your blog since we share similar tastes. Use whatever you want from mine since the ultimate goal of it is to spread these rarities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely, I've been trying to keep better track of everything I collect. I appreciate your offer and will certainly take you up on it. I really enjoy your site as well. You've dug up some amazing Silver Age stuff! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A mystery for sure ...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails