Sunday, January 31, 2010

More of Layton's Hercules

From boblayton.com:


HERCULES #4 UNPUBLISHED COVER




"Originally, Marvel's Editor-In-Chief rejected this cover to the conclusion of my mini-series, stating that if I had an issue starring a character as popular as Galactus, having him on the cover would probably sell more books than Frankie Raye's glowing hand.  In retrospect, I'm inclined to agree since this turned out to be one of the most well-received stories of my career."












HERCULES: THE END!

"I just found this presentation piece while combing though some old boxes one weekend. A few years back, when I was still working for Marvel, I pitched a premise for my final Hercules mini-series and I did this drawing to go with the document. Obviously,  Marvel didn't go with it (in fact, they never even bothered to respond). The story revolved around a humorous look at death and dying--something I thought might be appropriate for their "The End' series."

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails